At CanWest Diamond Products, your safety while using our products is our top priority!
WARNING: Careless or improper use of a concrete and asphalt cutting tools could cause personal injury. Observe the following precautions, and tool manufacturers precautions when using cutting tools and diamond blades.
Most injuries suffered while using rotary tools are caused by failing to follow safety precautions.
Follow all the safety instructions provided for your tool as well as the safety information below.
Diamond Blade Safety
WARNING: Always comply with all cautions and warnings provided by the saw manufacturer. Examine all machinery and equipment before operation and handle all equipment and machinery according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Not for use on curved cuts. Curved cuts will damage blade and cause excess wear on cutting tools.
- Do not allow the saw’s flange to grind on cutting surface.
- Before use, examine blade for cracks and other damage. Do not use if damage is suspected. Contact CanWest Diamond Products if blade was cracked or warped in transport.
- Any time you cut or grind concrete wear a full or half face respirator with P100 cartridges, ear plugs, safety glasses, and gloves.
- Always use blade guard. Never pull guard back or remove it while operating.
- Ensure arrow on blade points in the same direction of rotation of tool.
- Make sure blade is mounted on tool correctly. Do not use blades that rattle or wobble on tool.
- Do not use if arbor is distorted from original round shape.
WARNING: Silica dust can cause silicosis, a serious and irreversible lung disease. It can also cause lung cancer. Cutting, breaking, crushing, drilling, grinding, or blasting concrete or stone releases the dust. As workers breathe in the dust, the silica settles in their lungs. Always use proper PPE when working with these materials!
Thank you for your purchase!
Remember: SAFETY FIRST!